Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service refers to stashing and/or sharing certain web content on a server managed by a website hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a look at them. In that way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you wish to build a web site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain file storage providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions frequently include adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between individual sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different web site hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a huge quantity of pics with buddies or colleagues since the service is typically free. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your email addresses. Some vendors provide site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many video clips as you want without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Linux Hosts Inc., for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular web content exclusively.